VIDEOS COURTESY OF SUSAN EVANGELISTA
Enjoy this collection of videos related to events, tours and artists involved with the St. Francis of Assisi Sculpture Garden.
- St. Francis Sculpture Garden
at MarywoodInstruments of Hope is a non-profit organization that is currently raising funds to build a St. Francis Sculpture Garden at Marywood Campus in Grand Rapids, Michigan. The sculptures in this video were created for the garden by Sculptor Mic Carlson.St. Francis of Assisi
Sculpture Garden WalkSaint Francis of Assisi Sculpture Garden is located at 2025 East Fulton, Grand Rapids, Michigan. Enjoy the visual treat through wooded pathways as you visit each garden site complete with statues of Francis of Assisi, sculpted by Mic Carlsoni. You can sit on benches along the way to make your journey even more relaxed.
- Mic Carlson's 2004 Exhibit
in Assisi, ItalyMic was invited by Padre Vincenzo Coli to exhibit 16 of his bronze statues of St. Francis of Assisi at the Basilica of San Francesco. The exhibit took place during the month of October. St. Francis' feast day is October 4.Blessing of the Animals
2017The Francis of Assisi Sculpture Garden in Grand Rapids, Michigan, was filled with these lovely creatures, young and old, big and small, as they gathered for a fun walk through the garden. They walked to the blessing, where all enjoyed a little treat while being blessed. Special.
- Mic Carlson Meets
Pope Benedict XVISculptor Mic Carlson meets Pope Benedict on June 11, 2008 and gives him a bronze statue he sculpted of Saint Francis of Assisi.Living Nativity in Francis of Assisi Sculpture Garden 2017A lovely event that brought beautiful people together to celebrate love in the Francis of Assisi Sculpture Garden at Marywood in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Thank you to all of our cast of humans and animals. As always, our costumes by Kostume Room.
- Gazebo at entrance of St. Francis Sculpture GardenGorgeous gazebo welcomes you to the Saint Francis of Assisi Sculpture Garden at 2025 Fulton East, Grand Rapids, Michigan.
- Mic Carlson, Sculptor, Creates Life Size Bronze StatuesA brief peek into the world of Mic Carlson, Grand Rapids, Michigan Sculptor, creating life size statues.St. Francis of Assisi
Sculpture Garden StrollThe St. Francis Garden is a destination place for all! Open to the public any day, any time! Please visit and enjoy. Sculptures by Sculptor Mic Carlson. Located at 2025 E. Fulton, Grand Rapids, Michigan. For more information please visit us on Facebook at Saint Francis of Assisi Sculpture Garden at Marywood.
- Blessing of Animals 2016 at St. Francis of Assisi Sculpture GardenA walk through the St. Francis of Assisi Sculpture Garden with the cutest critters! Hosted by Saint Francis of Assisi Sculpture Garden and Instruments of Hope, this garden is located in Grand Rapids, Michigan at 2025 E. Fulton. Sculptures by Mic Carlson. Open always!Blessing Animals in the St. Francis of Assisi Garden 2015Beautiful creatures visit the St. Francis of Assisi Sculpture Garden in Grand Rapids, Michigan. It is located in the wooded grounds of the Dominican Center (Marywood). Always a blessed event hosted by non-profit Instruments of Hope.
- International Day of Peace Walk in Francis of Assisi Sculpture GardenInstruments of Hope non-profit held a walk through the lush winding pathways of the Francis of Assisi Sculpture Garden. People wrote their thoughts for peace on a colorful ribbon and attached it to the world base of an 11 foot statue of Francis, by Sculptor Mic Carlson.In Memory of Lost Loved Ones in the St. Francis Sculpture GardenInstruments of Hope/Kaufmann Interfaith Institute/Hospice hosted a memorial event in the Saint Francis of Assisi Sculpture Garden at the Dominican Center at Marywood in Grand Rapids, Michigan, to provide a way for people to come together to share memories and honor loved ones they have lost.
- Blessing of the Animals
2013Exciting "Blessing of the Animals 2014" is upon us! Bring your little creature on Saturday, October 4, 2014 at 1:00 PM to the St. Francis Sculpture Garden at Marywood. It is a wonderful short walk through the woods with your pets to the blessing sight. Believe me, they love it!
- Saint Francis of Assisi
World Peace StatueSculptor Mic Carlson creates a larger than life statue of Saint Francis of Assisi. The statue represents peace and the new life of Easter.Jesus and St. Francis of Assisi Statue by Sculptor Mic CarlsonGrand Rapids Sculptor Mic Carlson created this statue which gives everyone the opportunity to sit next to Jesus. The children were delighted as you can see on their faces. A "Blessing of the Animals" took place in front of the statue as well. One person in a wheelchair got out of it and climbed the stairs to touch the face of Jesus. Inspiring!
- Living Nativity 2012 (St. Francis Sculpture Garden)Third annual Living Nativity at the St. Francis Sculpture Garden at Marywood in Grand Rapids, Michigan. A light snow mixed with rain did not dampen the spirits of a couple hundred beautiful people. Complete with animals, this Nativity always tickles the hearts of young and old alike.Blessing of the Animals
2012Annual blessing of the animals took place on Sunday, October 7, 2012 at the St. Francis Garden at Dominican Center, Marywood, Grand Rapids, Michigan. Ginny Makita, Pastor from United Methodist Church officiated. The rain cleared out just in time for this lovely occasion.
- The Nativity
2011Live Nativity in the St. Francis Sculpture Garden at Marywood, Grand Rapids, Michigan. It was held Sunday, December 11, 2011 on a wondrous eve. The cast was magnificent and the animals were adorable.Blessing of the Animals 2011 at Saint Francis of Assisi Sculpture GardenInstruments of Hope's Blessing of the Animals at the St. Francis Sculpture Garden at Marywood Campus in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Blessing by Father Joachim Lally.
- Roman Walker Dedication at Saint Francis of Assisi Sculpture GardenOn Sunday, July 10, 2016, in memory of Roman Walker, friends and family gathered in the St. Francis Sculpture Garden in Grand Rapids, Michigan to celebrate love."Live Nativity"
Grand Rapids, MichiganLiving Nativity on Sunday December 12, 2010...complete with adorable animals on a cold winter's night at Marywood Campus in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Brought to you by Instruments of Hope (instrumentsofhope.net). Video taped and edited by Susan Evangelista.
- Blessing of the Animals by Mic's St. Francis SculptureSunday, October 3, 2010, these wonderful critters came with their families to be blessed by Ginny Makita, Pastor in the Waters Building, Grand Rapids, MI. It was the perfect setting in front of Mic Carlson's life size statue of St. Francis and Jesus. Perfecto!